Free Replacement Veterans’ Medals, Awards, and Decorations

veterans medal replacements
Shortly after my dad died, my mom went through this process and requested all of my dads medals. It was quite a while ago, but I loved it. Plus it was also free.

If you are next of kin or personally served in the military you can request replacements as well. It is a process, but I really wanted to share.

Get free Replacement Veterans’ Medals, Awards, and Decorations. From the research I’ve done the MAJORITY of replacements are free, but some may not be.

To get started visit the National Archives Veterans’ Service. It gives you the address to write to or to request online. There is all the info you need to process your request.

It does look like you will need the person (or your own) DD-214 or equivalent for older vets. It is basically the record of the persons service.

If you do not have the DD-214 you can also request it free.

Comments are closed.