Ones King Lane Customer Service Fail

Over the weekend I shared a referral shopping site, Ones King Lane. They offered a $15 sign up credit, as well as a $15 referral credit (if a purchase was made) to referrals. With their credit you received they had a few great deals on items where you could get them for a few $ plus a shipping fee.

On Saturday the credit was offered, on Sunday I reposted their new sale and those who signed up weren’t receiving a credit. So today I called.

The conversation went something like this:

Hello I was wondering if you are still doing the $15 sign up credit?
No we are not.
Did you just stop doing it or was it expired?
On our website we listed that the offer could expire at any time.
So were people told this or did it just end? Was it listed anywhere that it ended?
It just ended it, we put that it could expire at anytime.
Well I just told my readers about this. What about those that were sent an email and told they would receive the $15 sign up credit? Basically they were just out of luck since they didn’t ‘sign up in time’?
If they didn’t sign up prior to the promotion prior to it ending then yes.
Well I think that’s pretty lame that I send out this promotion and it’s just pulled without telling anyone.

This is a MAJOR fail in my opinion. I sent out A LOT of emails on Saturday referring people to join with a $15 credit. NOWHERE in that email does it mention that the credit offer could expire. You can see a copy of the email that was sent:

OneKingsLaneFail

Also I cannot find anywhere on their site that mentions ANYTHING about the referral credit offer. No “sorry it ended” or anything the women mentioned about “we said the offer could expire at anytime”. Basically people who signed up thinking they were getting a credit were left confused with no answers.

When I share with my readers I vouch for these sites. When people are not getting as advertised it makes ME look bad. At this point I will no longer be mentioning or shopping with One Kings Lane.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you guys!

Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

12 Responses to “Ones King Lane Customer Service Fail”

Jeanene says:

Matt, Thank you so much for informing of this :) and taking the time to email me this :) You Rock

Well I post this for people to take advantage of offers and deals. They are offering the credit and I want everyone that is supposed to get it, to get it.

I hate when I share the free sample, coupon or deal and the company pulls the offer without a mention of it changing. Then it makes me look like I am misleading people :(

Well that’s just CRAP!….

Terri says:

Matt, It is not you fault the company doesn’t treat customers the way they should You posted it in good faith and they let you down. Don’t let it upset you. TY for taking the time to follow up on this and let everyone know. I appreciate the extra time & effort!!

Suzanne says:

Hi, Matt

Of course you posted this in good faith, but just wanted to let you and your readers know that OKL had to remove this offer due to an extremely high and unexpected number of fraudulent accounts being created. In some instances members were creating 4, 5 or more accounts and cashing in on both ends. The company was left with very little option other than to end the promotion. They were victims as well, and blindsided by this. I know it’s a huge letdown and I understand people’s anger, but people should understand that this was not a bait-and-switch tactic but an unfortunate emergency measure.

Suzanne,

Do you work for OKL?

I can completely understand that from a business side, however there are several things that could of been done instead of ending it quietly with no answer.

1. Canceled those orders of those abusing the system so people can take advantage of it.

2. ANNOUNCE it somewhere. A comment was left on the Facebook page and someone answered however they did not update the page, the site, twitter… NOTHING. If it was such an emergency it should of been noted.

3. Until I see proof that it was listed on the site “we can cancel at anytime” I have to believe I was lied to from customer service this morning. I was not told your comment Suzanne, (due to abuse etc) just more of we can do what we want.

All in all the campaign left a bad taste in my mouth with OKL and will not promote or participate in future things with the company unless several things are straightened out IMO.

Thanks for your comment!

Robin says:

I signed up and got no bonus. I am not typically a freebie seeker, but it seemed like a good way to try out their products at a discount. They certainly emailed me soon enough congratulating me on my sign-up.

I’ll pass. There are plenty of other places I can buy these goods.

Jill says:

They MESSED UP BIGGG time! How many ppl are fans Just on Your FB Page? Well Thats how many ppl Wont be paying from them! HAHAHHAAA! U def got the last laugh on that one! HAHA! Yea, I tried my “credit” and it wouldnt let me DO ANYTHING!! Soo Oh Well! Thank You anyway! =)

Wow, that’s really too bad. I agree with you, Matt. They should have announced it instead of just stopping the offer with no warning. I feel bad for all of the people who wasted their time referring friends.

Hmmm, I did take advantage of the offer. I know I saw it on at least two different sites, but I don’t know if I saw it here…sorry. Anyway, I went to OKL and signed up. At that time there was a statement saying, “This offer could expire anytime”. I signed up, got my $15 credit and placed an order the next day using that credit. So, I know that what customer service said is correct. But, I certainly agree that rather than pulling it with no explanation they could have stated that it had been discontinued with/or without including a note about the fraud. Sorry, many of you didn’t get the credit. It was a great deal and assuming there are no problems with my order, I’ll continue to shop at OKL. Thanks.

Beverly says:

I ordered an outdoor bench cushion on July 10th. When I didn’t receive it in a reasonable time, I started researching the problem. When I check my order, it had been cancelled. I called customer service. They stated that funds could not be captured through Pay Pal (my method of paying). I called Pay Pal, who stated that a hold was placed on my account for that amount, but King’s Lane rejected the transaction. Now the item is out of stock. Since I have paid for many items through Pay Pal and never had a problem, I’m assuming that One King’s Lane dropped the ball. I was not contacted even though they stated an E Mail was sent. I will not be doing business with them anymore. Looking at others comments, it seems that this business has problems with providing service to customers and is not very organized.